Edenfield – Parafield Gardens
Category: Single Room with Private Ensuite
Maximum Refundable Accommodation Deposit $450,000
Description of quality, condition and amenity of room
Edenfield’s five interconnected homes create a homely environment for our residents which provide personal space within a community setting.
Each home has its own communal lounges and dining areas with kitchen facilities where residents can meet and spend time with their visitors.
Our suites includes newly carpeted flooring, curtains and drapes, built in wardrobes and individual control split unit air conditioning and heating. Two houses enjoy an exclusive main lounge which adjoins a landscaped courtyard filled with natural light and is fitted with comfortable lounge chairs. All houses have a smaller lounge that is perfect for a more intimate social setting along with separate courtyards that have been recently expertly landscaped to provide shaded outdoor areas.
Edenfield has a range of suites which attract different accommodation prices, however our Maximum Accommodation Price is $540,000.
Accommodation prices are negotiated personally with our Managing Director, Jesse. Additionally, Edenfield provides flexible payment options for clients to pay their fees.
Example of a combination payment for a Suite
For an Accommodation Price of $540,000 a client could pay, for example, 50% of the price by a refundable deposit of $270,000 and 50% of the price by daily payments of $36.17 (based upon current MPIR of 4.89%)
Description of quality, condition, size and amenity of common areas to which a person living in this room would have access
Includes the following features:
- 25-26 Square Metres (5-6 Square Metre Ensuite)
- Private Ensuite
- Individual control split unit air conditioning and heating
- Newly installed curtains and drapes
- Built in wardrobes
- Bedside table with lockable drawer
- Carpet/Floating Floor
- Electric adjustable bed to suit resident care needs. All beds are fitted with specialised comfort mattress that assists with optimum pressure redistribution
- Nurse call system in suite and ensuite
- Fire protection detectors
- Suites are expertly maintained at all times so it looks fresh and new
Common areas person living in this Suite would have access to:
- Lounge areas that adjoins landscaped courtyard that is filled with natural light. Lounge is fitted with comfortable lounge chairs.
- Cinematic movie projector for big screen movies and favorite sporting events
- Separate courtyards that have been recently expertly landscaped to provide shaded outdoor areas
- Private Dining room
- Hairdressing salon
- Domestic resident laundry for those who wish to attend to their own laundry needs
- BBQ area
- Multiple landscaped outdoor courtyards and gardens
Working out the costs associated with aged care can often seem complex. We understand that this transitional time is already hard enough for all involved, so we’ve made it as easy as possible for you, with a brief overview below.
Post 1 July 2014 there are three components to aged care fees.
The first is a Basic Daily Care Fee (As of March, 2020 $52.25), which all residents are asked to pay. The Basic Daily Care Fee is always 85% of the Aged Pension.
The second is a Means Tested Care Fee – which includes both an income and asset test. The Means Tested Care Fee is subject to annual ($27,532.59 per annum indexed) and lifetime caps ($66,078.27 indexed); full pensioners should not pay any means tested fee.
If you are deemed as a concessional resident you will only have to pay a basic daily fee, if not, you may be requested to pay an accommodation cost. Edenfield make available at 40% of its suites reserved for concessional residents as a way to give back to the community.
The last is the Accommodation Costs, which can be paid as a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), or a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) or a combination of both.
We have a single price for all rooms at our facility. This recognises the reality that, in the course of their care, many residents move from one room to another, and one section of the facility to another.
Edenfield has set our maximum accommodation charge at $540,000. This payment is negotiated individually with every family and is based upon the financial and care needs of the resident. The interest on the outstanding amount is currently charged at 4.89% (the Government sets the maximum interest rate you can be charged, which is set at the date of entry to the aged care home.) Any lump sum payments can be made which can then of course reduce the interest payable.
You will have 28 days after entering into an agreement to decide on the manner in which your Accommodation Costs are paid.
- In room telephone (See reception for schedule for call costs)
- Glass of wine or beer with evening meal served daily
- Mobile Massage
- Day Spa
- Plot of garden space to potter
- Newspaper delivery daily
- Additional hot meal choice for Lunch/Breakfast or Dinner
Life In Our Family
Edenfield Family care employs qualified chefs who prepare freshly cooked meals onsite daily. Meals can be tailored to meet specific dietary requirements.
Diabetes and special diet
Living with Diabetes can be challenging at the best of times, but when your loved one requires the care and support of assisted living, specialised care becomes even more important.
Our palliative care option caters for residents with life-limiting illnesses and the need for a higher level of care and management.